My husband had lithotripsy performed that lacerated his kidney. As a result, he lost a lot of blood. While in recovery,

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: My husband had lithotripsy performed that lacerated his kidney. As a result, he lost a lot of blood. While in recovery, he was left unattended to dress, despite that his blood pressures had been low. As a result, he passed out, hit the floor, incurred a laceration requiring stitches and a concussion. No one came in to find him. When he woke up, he had to yell for help. He was in the hospital 3 nights and is battling low hemoglobin. He received blood transfusions and plasma transfusions.
JA: What state is your husband in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We would like to sue, but it is difficult to find a lawyer. We are in Warner Robins, GA.
JA: Thanks for all these details. What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I wrote the Hospital’s President. They wished us well. 😕 We have called lawyers, but they felt it would not have enough compensation.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We have been collecting the records.
Answered by Stephen L in 1 min 2 months ago
Stephen L
10+ years of experience

17704 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

Stephen L
10+ years of experience

17704 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

Stephen L, Expert

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** will be the expert helping you today. I have been practicing law for 25 years in the Federal and State courts.

JustAnswer is the preeminent online service for information regarding your legal issues.

I am sorry you are dealing with this problem and I will try to help you.

Right now, I am in the process of reviewing your question. My goal is to provide you with a complete answer and be available for any follow up questions.

Please give me a few minutes to prepare an answer to your question and I will get back to you shortly.


Stephen L, Expert

Medical malpractice cases are extremely involved, technical and expensive. They are designed to be difficult to prosecute. The reason is that the court only wants to hear the most meritorious of claims, and the legal system does not generally like to second guess medical professionals. That being said, when there is a meritorious case, the recovery will typically be significant. You need to prove that the medical provider's actions breached the reasonable state of care for a typical medical provider, that the resultant treatment resulted in verifiable damage to you and you need a certification from a licensed physician that the case has merit in order to proceed.

If you suffered injuries, and your medical records verify it, you may have a claim for damages. You will need a medical expert witness to thoroughly review your chart. should strongly consider hiring a medical malpractice attorney to handle your claim for you. MedMal lawyers generally work on a contingency fee basis - there is no fee up front and they will be paid based upon a percentage of your recovery. While certainly, you have a legal right to handle the matter yourself, if you have a lawyer, the defendant will take your case more seriously, and it will likely result in a larger recovery than if you try to handle the claim personally. The insurance company will not take the claim seriously, nor significantly increase their offer until such time they believe that there is a legitimate threat that it will be litigated with someone who has experience in the judicial system.

To find a Medical Malpractice attorney, first, attorneys on this site are not allowed to represent customers to the site or give referrals.

It is part of the user service agreement - I am sorry. We are not allowed.

This site is only for general information - which I have provided to you. In order to find an attorney, I would recommend contacting friends or a family member for a recommendation. Or if you cannot do that you can contact the local county bar association which should have a site online.

In order, the best approach would be:

1) Seek a referral from colleagues, friends or family members who have had a successful experience with a lawyer.

2) If none is accessible you can call your county bar association or access the bar association online and request a referral for a lawyer.

3) Go online and do a legal search. There are many websites. Some solicit advertising revenue from lawyers in exchange for placement position - so you should be wary of that. does not. So that's a good site. But there are others:,,, among others. You can read bios and reviews.

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer