I have Wells Fargo bad debit 12 years non payment and they refuse to remove. I need to buy a house at 73 years. Do I

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: i have Wells Fargo bad debit 12 years non payment and they refuse to remove. I need to buy a house at 73 years. Do I have rights?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Texas
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Lexington law.... just report and ask for removial...no help.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Origional loan 2005, last small payment was 2011, give or take. Many serious hospital surgeries...heart, back, ect.....Social Security only for 3 years plus.
Answered by Phillips Esq. in 5 mins 1 year ago
Phillips Esq.
10+ years of experience

63380 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

Phillips Esq.
10+ years of experience

63380 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

Phillips Esq., Expert

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.


Phillips Esq., Expert

I am sorry to read about your situation. A more detailed response will be posted in a few minutes. Thank you for your continued patience and for using Justanswer.com.


Phillips Esq., Expert

I am sorry to read about your situation once more.

Pursuant to Fair Credit Reporting Act, that information should no longer be on your credit file because it is more than seven years old. See 15 U.S.C. Section 1681c (Fair Credit Reporting Act Section 605). So, you need to send a request (using dispute process) to all Credit Reporting Agencies where the information is appearing to remove the derogatory information from your file because it is no longer supposed to show on your file by law. You need to cite the Fair Credit Reporting Act. If your request is ignored or denied, you need to file complaint against the credit reporting agencies with Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and the Better Business Bureau.




If your issue remains unresolved, then you can file a lawsuit against the Credit Reporting Agencies at the U.S. District Court in your District to force them to remove the derogatory information from your file.

You may also consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:




Please note that I work with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in the order that they are received. If you have asked additional questions but have not heard back from me, it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer in front of you or may be offline. Thank you for your understanding.

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer