Who do I go to if I have been scammed online with a investment program? I haven't done anything I'm trying to figure

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: Who do I go to if I have been scammed online with a investment program?
JA: Have fraud charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: I haven't done anything I'm trying to figure things out it just started today
JA: In what state did the fraud occur?
Customer: I mean my home state is Massachusetts on an online investment scam is online
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I mean that's the basics so I can go into detail when I speak to someone
Answered by RobertJDFL in 2 mins 2 months ago
10+ years of experience

31140 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

10+ years of experience

31140 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

RobertJDFL, Expert

Good evening,

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll do all I can to help you. I'm very sorry to hear that you were scammed. Seems like more and more different kinds of scams pop up online every day.

While it's very unlikely you will recover any money that you may have given these scammers, give me a moment, and I will give you a couple of links as to where you can report such matters.

RobertJDFL, Expert

Your patience is appreciated.

First and foremost, phone and internet scams should be reported to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You can do that here:


You should also report the fraud to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3):


Trained analysts at the IC3 review and research the complaints, disseminating information to federal, state, local, or international law enforcement or regulatory agencies for criminal, civil, or administrative action, as appropriate.

If a business is located in a particular state, you can also typically report that business to that state's attorney general's office.

Again, very sorry this happened to you. I wish there was a way I could promise you that your money would be returned to you. The reality, however, is that while we see a lot of victims of scams on this site, and I've helped others outside of this site, not once have I heard of anyone getting money back.

If there's anything about my answer you don't understand or is unclear, or you wish to discuss this issue further, please ask! Happy to help.

Thank you,

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer