I'm looking for a lawyer that handles criminal cases I'm in Syracuse NY. Yesy step daughter filed restraining order vs

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: Hi I'm looking for a lawyer that handles criminal cases I'm in Syracuse NY
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: Yesy step daughter filed restraining order vs her ex bf @ college & he confronted her last night as she walking out the shower I. Just a towel & campus police told her nothing they can do bcuz he's not kicked off campus as long as he don't talk to her but the RO says otherwise
JA: Have you talked to a NY lawyer about this yet?
Customer: She already pressed charges from when he beat her 3 days ago & got a RO & today gave a statement to sheriff that was gonna arrest him but last night the officer & campus security did nothing even tho he was in her dorm most of the night
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm looking for a lawyer that handles cases like this My lawyer I'm using for my auto accident only does personal injury
Answered by Michael Bradley in 9 mins 2 months ago
Michael Bradley
10+ years of experience

21670 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

Michael Bradley
10+ years of experience

21670 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

Michael Bradley, Expert

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am a retired attorney with 25 years of experience. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an attorney-client relationship or constitute legal advice.

I cannot represent you in Court, or prepare legal documents for you. I can review documents if necessary and they can be attached using the paper clip icon. It is always recommended that you consult with a local attorney for specific legal information for your situation before you act (or refrain from acting).

I know your question is important to you and I will be giving it the time and attention it deserves. My ultimate goal is to make sure you get all of the information you need to make an informed decision.

I am normally responding to multiple questions at the same time so please be patient. Rest assured that I am already working on your question, please give me a few minutes to type you a reply.

If any part of your answer is confusing or you do not understand, please let me know and I will explain my answer better. I am committed to making sure that you are satisfied with my answer and JustAnswer on a whole.


Good afternoon and welcome to the website. My name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you today. I am so sorry to hear that your stepdaughter is going through this. Unfortunately, it appears that the college campus security did not know what they were doing and if there is a temporary restraining order in place, he should’ve been arrested.  There really are not attorneys that represent crime victims. That is the district attorney’s job. What I would suggest that she does is call the district attorneys office and asked to talk to someone and let them know what happened. They will advocate for her.

My daughter was physically abused on campus and we have a restraining order against the gentleman that did it the restraining order specifically says he supposed to stay away last night as she's coming out to the bathroom to go to her room he was in her dorm right next to her door she was very afraid and made it into her room safely I then call campus Police who showed up and said that they were unable to do anything it is out of their hands yes there is a restraining order but it doesn't say he can't be on campus I also went to the office of someone who also put a whole band so that he's unable to get in contact with her or be where she is and they totally discarded the restraining order campus security told me it was out of their hands and the next day when I called and said I was going to contact an attorney everything now is being put into place but they had my daughter at risk yesterday anything could have happened I have the copy of the restraining order and who I spoke to so that there was something put in place with the campus aside from the restraining order he signed it he knows he's supposed to stay away

Michael Bradley, Expert

But I would assume that the restraining order states that he is to have no contact with her whatsoever so even though he may not be precluded from the campus he can certainly be precluded from her. Also, if he is a student as well then the dean of students should be made aware that there is a restraining order as well. The real issue here is that it is a college campus and the matter is in civil court but it should not make a difference.

Michael Bradley, Expert

Good luck to you! You can come back here free of charge for any follow-up questions on this subject.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. That includes looking for lawyers. I’m happy to do so! I’m here most of the time so you can always come back and talk to me (no extra charge). If I’m not here, I will get an email if you leave me a question.

Kindly accept my answer. I have given you the benefit of my legal knowledge and 25 years of experience as well as my time. My statistics show that almost 100% of my customers here have been extremely satisfied with my answers as I am always truthful and thorough.

If for some reason you do not fully understand my answer, please let me know. I am committed to make sure that you are happy and satisfied with my service.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors.

Thank you! I'd rather be given the chance to add more information than be rated negatively, so I thank you for that.

If you want to ask for me specifically another time -- for a new question -- ask for "Michael Bradley ONLY" or @Michael Bradley and I will get the question. Also, if you can list me as one of your favorite experts it would be appreciated. Otherwise you can come right back into this room for follow-ups, free of charge.

Best of luck to you and thank you for letting me help you today!

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer