I have canada visitor visa under process since 17th March 2020. And now I want to apply for study permit. What should I

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: Hi,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have canada visitor visa under process since 17th March 2020. And now I want to apply for study permit. What should I do.
JA: Have you talked to a Canadian lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I applied to universities and received admission offer but worried to apply for study permit. and I didn't talk to anyone so far
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. in the year 2016 One of the immigration agent dubai, suggested me to go on immigration option rathe than study permit. And I don't know where where he created my profile "express entry" and what other pnp the agent has created my profile I don't know.
Answered by JJL11 in 4 hours 1 year ago
10+ years of experience

2942 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

10+ years of experience

2942 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

JJL11, Expert

Hello – My name is ***** ***** I’m happy to assist you today. I am a Canadian lawyer who is able to answer immigration law questions.

I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly. Thanks


JJL11, Expert

I am sorry to hear about his problem.

To create an Express Entry profile, you usually would need to do so by creating an Canada Immigration ( IRCC) secure account which has a password ***** user name and which you use to check on your profile.

Did this immigration agent who was helping you give you this information ?

Thank you.
I don’t know, but I do know how to create profile and how to apply now after a good Reaearch.
Kindly tell me, is it recommended to apply study permit while my visitor visa is under process.

JJL11, Expert

You are very welcome.

There is no conflict with applying for a study permit while your visitor visa application is still being processed because many people have to apply for both anyways at the same time since a study permit is not a entry document and you need the visitor visa to enter Canada.

In order to get a study permit, Canada Immigration needs to be satisfied that you are a genuine student. Factors that will be considered are the course of study in Canada and whether it is a natural progression of your education, whether you have the required funds to study in Canada, what ties you have to your home country and whether you will return there after you are done your studies.

I would suggest that you refer to the Operational Guidelines from Canada Immigration on assessing study permit applications. These operational guidelines are used by Canada immigration officers when assessing applications.

Here is the links to these guidelines



Hope this answers your question.

Thank you so much for the valuable information.

JJL11, Expert

You are very welcome. I am glad I was able to help.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

All the best !

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer