Get answers until you're satisfied

14 Lawyers are online right now.

Across all areas of law.




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
How do I report a bank that has misplaced four payments I made to them on my credit card account?
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Oklahoma and the issue started about three months ago.
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: I have only been in contact with that bank and my own bank since the funds were transmitted electronically. Part of this was my error. I used to have a Care Credit account with Synchrony Bank and that card was only in my husbands name. He passed away last May. When I called that bank to let them know, they told me I was not obligated to pay off the card since it was not in my name. After that, I had to have some dental work done, so I opened a new card in my name only. I made an intiial payment of $500 when I opened the new account. Then I messed up. I had not deleted the name of the old credit card from my online banking option and I mistakenly paid three payment to my old account. Two for $500 and one for $3000 (which was a refund I received from my dental insurance) The following month I got past my brain fog and realized what I did so I made sure I used the new account going forward. I called Synchrony to explain but they told me that the payments I sent to the old account were no where to be found. After multiple conversations with them to try to find out what happened they asked for proof of payment from my bank. My bank ended up sending the two detailed proofs of payment but Synchrony replied that info was not enough.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Sorry for the long reply but I wanted to put as much info in as I could. I do not know what to do next. My bank cannot understand why the info they sent was not sufficient since it is the type of iinfo they send when requested for other folks who need to prove the deposits were made. Synchrony wants a copy of the electronic checks but my bank does not pay with electronic checks, their payments are made strictly electronically with all kinds of numbers and whatnot to tell the money where to go. I am at a loss of what to do next. thanks
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer