I am concerned about my brother he lives in qld and is not well he is in a nursing home my 2 nieces and brother in law I

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: Hi im Peter I am concerned about my brother he lives in qld and is not well he is in a nursing home my 2 nieces and brother in law I think have power of attorney they won't give me any information about where abouts he is so that I could visit since they have had p o a they have sold his house I don't believe he had the capacity to no what he was signing he was not capable of making decisions at that time I am concerned about what they have done with his estate he is in a nursing home in Toowoomba that's what they told me very concerned about his health and well being Peter(###) ###-#### JA: Have you talked to a Queensland lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes I don't have any money to pay legal fees
Answered by John Melis in 1 min 11 months ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

75892 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

75892 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi! My name is***** a solicitor in Australia, and I’m happy to help you.

​You can resolve the issue by applying to the Enduring Guardianship Division of the State Tribunal online.

The tribunal has the power to appoint or remove a guardian.

The guardian protects the person's needs and interests by making personal and health care decisions on their behalf when they have impaired decision-making capacity.

The tribunal website has excellent resources to assist you.

something can be done ?

John Melis, Expert

you can do something. File an application into the enduring guardianship division of the Queensland civil administrative tribunal.
Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer