I am assisting my neighbour Yanna with this issue. She owns her home on a 2 unit property. The back unit owner has a 2

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: HI my name is***** am assisting my neighbour Yanna with this issue. She owns her home on a 2 unit property. The back unit owner has a 2 car garage they dont use instead they park their 2 suv cars on the common property. She often cannot exit her carport safely. She has already hit her new car against her wall once. We have documented this over the last 6 months and sent them 4 letters ready to send the 5th, quoting them the Owner corporation and model rules laws related to the common property parking rules. They do not have an active body corp as they are a 2 unit property and are not obliged. We have checked the subdivision docs of the property and it lists that the Owners corp 2017 applies. I have contacted the Vic dispute centre as the next step and they were said that we should go to the local Legal Aide but they do not deal with this issue. So, what next, undertake an attempt with Vic dispute centre staff in a dialogue between oweners? or by pass this and apply to VCAT to resolve the issue for the 2 owners? If so , do we need a lawyer to represent Yanna or do we do it ourselves?
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: Victoria
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No we have not consulted an attorney yet. We spoke to the Monash council, Vic Roads and police and they annot do anything.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The two owners are not 'talking to each other' and the back owner has placed a sign 'I can park here' given to her by her insurance company on her car window. She has a 'mentally challenged child' with a council disability sticker on her car and has now flaunted both - that they give her a right park there. Well, we know they don't. No, there is nothing else.
Answered by John Melis in 1 min 10 months ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

74580 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

74580 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi! My name is***** a solicitor in Australia, and I’m happy to help you.

Regarding assisting your friend, neighbours, what do you need to do is commence an action immediately in the Victorian civil administrative tribunal.

However, What I would suggest is that you have your local lawyer get involved first. Your local lawyer will be able to draft relevant correspondence to address the issues that you have and resolve the matter more affectively without the tribunal.

Does this help with your question today?
it does, thank you i will get her onto one of our local solicitors. thanks vicki

John Melis, Expert

It was my pleasure to help you today, and I thank you for chatting with me.
Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer