I am a veteran residing on a temporary basis (150 days/yr). I have a UMD and rent a site at Lake Purrumbete Holiday Park

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: Hi, I am a veteran residing on a temporary basis (150 days/yr). I have a UMD and rent a site at Lake Purrumbete Holiday Park 540 Purrumbete Estate Rd., Koallah Vic. The UMD was built and managed by the Owner, Mr Clements. He constructed the UMD to my specifications w.r.t. to the relevant Vic .Gov. legislation and regulations. My payment to him was in excess of $40,000. He approved my drawings. I requested a written Contract but this did not eventuate. A verbal agreement applied. I was allowed to include a Portable Cassette Toilet (like in a caravan). We agreed that I could use the cassette provided I did not use chemicals!? He has now reversed his verbal commitment and is causing myself and my wife considerable distress. Do we have a case and can you provide the way ahead. I would need legal as I have very limited savings. Thank you, ***** ***** 375080. I believe I am a member of
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Have you talked to a JAG attorney about this? Or anyone in the chain of command?
Customer: I am a retired vet with a Gold Card. I cannot enter into any financial legal arrangements as this may cause me to sell my home, depending on legal expenses. Takiong action may also motivate the owner to evict me as I am on a Crown reserve and the tenancy agreement only applies for 12mths before renewal with the owners approval.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thank you Pearl. Would this be better done face-to-face (I live in the Melbourne CBD) so that I can provide as much evidence as I can?
Answered by John Melis in 15 mins 11 months ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

74552 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

74552 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi! My name is***** a solicitor in Australia, and I’m happy to help you.

As you've already made a payment of in excess of $40,000, you would potentially have a ride of claim under the Australian consumer law. Therefore you could raise proceedings immediately in the magistrates Court.

You may reach out to a local lawyer to assist you in this process or alternatively, you can run your own case in the court.

Does this help with your question today?


John Melis, Expert

I hope this message finds you well.

I'm just following up to see how you are going with your situation.

Just recapping your circumstance, concerning the verbal agreement, if you have not been able to resolve this issue amicably with the other party, you could raise an application in the magistrates Court. You don't need a lawyer, you can run your own case. There is excellent resources on the courts website.

Please let me know how you progress with your matter.

It was my pleasure to help you today, and I thank you for chatting with me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.

I appreciate your help. However, I have decided to make a formal application to Vic Legal Aid. I do not have the means to take my issue further without financial assistance. Kind Regards Frank

John Melis, Expert

It was my pleasure to help you today, and I thank you for chatting with me. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer