My son was arrested last Friday and the police placed an intervention order on him without my consent. How can I remove

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: My son was arrested last Friday and the police placed an intervention order on him without my consent. How can I remove it
JA: What was your son charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?
Customer: He was on bail at my place. I just wanted his bail revoked because he had been drinking and was out of control
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: South Australia
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm not sure. My daughter was confronted by her brother as well. He through a crutch at her but the screen door was between them
Answered by John Melis in 1 hour 1 year ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

74502 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

74502 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hello, I’m John Melis, a solicitor in Australia, and I’ll be helping you with your question today.
Your son will be able to have legal aid represent him in the court.
There are various defences you can raise to minimising the penalty.

Some of these defences include sudden emergency, duress, compulsion, coercion, provocation.

One of the main supporting factors in running your case is to obtain three affidavits in support of your position.

The affidavit should detail the person who signs it, knows of the offence, and that you still hold a positive character.

​​​​​​​Does this help with your question today?


John Melis, Expert

I hope this message finds you well.

I'm just following up to see how you are going with your situation.

Just recapping your circumstance,  your son was arrested last Friday. What I suggest you do as soon as you can if you haven't done so already, is reach out to legal aid and get a legal aid lawyer appointment for your son.

Legal aid SA
Adelaide Office

159 Gawler Place, Adelaide
SA 5000
Switchboard: (08) 8111 5555

Postal Address:
GPO Box 1718,
Adelaide SA 5001 DX 104

Parking available nearby at:
Secure Parking (172 Gawler Place)

Public transport:
City Free (99C)

Please let me know how you progress with your matter.

It was my pleasure to help you today, and I thank you for chatting with me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer