I have paid three nights to stay at the Executive Villas at Jesmond and the first night the room was wrong it was a tiny

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: I have paid three nights to stay at the Executive Villas at Jesmond and the first night the room was wrong it was a tiny room instead of a queen room the second night I moved to another room it was no air conditioner was working and no TV third night no spark no air conditioner and no TV I can't get a bloody refund they won't give me any free nights what do I do? my phone numbers 0413 0 47495 my name is ***** *****
JA: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nsw
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've called them I told them about the things that were broken they did nothing except for swap remotes over the first night but last night I went without everything they didn't send the handyman up till this morning when I'm checking out I asked them for a free night and they said no we don't do that on any occasion so now I'm going to go and ask him for a refund wich they'll say no to anyway cos he did the same to my cousin
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No.except for the fact that I'm homeless and I had to borrow the money to stay here I've stayed here a number of times and paid money it's not as if I'm staying here on department of housing shouting I'm paying for it now I'm left with no money no where to stay my daughter come down for a spa last night I haven't had access to my daughter 4 years she came down for a spa and there was nothing here it was all broken I'm still got to pay full price for it or you know can't even get a free night
Answered by John Melis in 5 mins 1 year ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

75878 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

75878 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hello, and welcome! I’m John Melis, a solicitor in Australia.
The first step is to consider the terms and conditions, including those online.

If the agency or third-party is not acting appropriately with refunds or changes to bookings, you may raise a misleading conduct claim.

The Australian consumer law will protect you under the consumer guarantees that apply to all Australians.

May I suggest that you issue a formal complaint in writing to the other party, seeking an assessment/review on the matter and that you require a response within 7 to 14 days subject to your requirements!

Enclosed in this correspondence copies of the terms and conditions of the policy.

Where no response is received, you can then raise a claim in the Tribunal or Court for compensation (refund of your money).
​​​​​​​Does this help with your question today?


John Melis, Expert

I hope this message finds you well.

I'm just following up to see how you're going with your situation.

Just recapping your matter,   if you have not been able to get a refund with amicable discussion with the other party, keep in mind that you can raise proceedings in the New South Wales civil administrative tribunal under the Australian consumer law for compensation.

Please let me know how you go with your situation.

It was my pleasure to help you today, and I thank you for chatting with me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer