I ran my Aquadex Pty Ltd chemical supply business for many years and enjoyed a 21 year uninterrupted contract with

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: I ran my Aquadex Pty Ltd chemical supply business for many years and enjoyed a 21 year uninterrupted contract with Sydney Water. I owned 100% shares and a sole Director. In June 2020 I negotiated the sale of 75% of my shares to a similar company based in Queensland Grenof Pty Ltd. I resigned as a Director and a new Director appointed by the shareholders. The new Aquadex Director was also a Director of Grenof. I was retained as a consultant and managed in growing the Aquadex business through to February 2021. Whilst negotiating a new project with Hunter Water I prepared a proposal for the supply of products and services through Aquadex. Before I was able to submit the proposal on behalf of Aquadex the Grenof Director instructed the Grenof General Manager to submit a similar offer directly to Hunter Water on Grenof letterhead. The proposal referred to Aquadex being a wholly-owned subsidiary of Grenof.
JA: Have you talked to a Queensland lawyer about this?
Customer: My view is that the Aquadex / Grenof "common" Director acted in a manner detrimental to my shareholders financial interest in Aquadex ... to the benefit of Grenof.... I do not possess any financial interest or contractual obligations to Grenof
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Prepared a more detailed record of the events and discussed the situation with my tax accountants .... the sale of my shares in Aquadex to Grenof came with financial benefits ( Dividends) that remain unpaid.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Do I need to discuss with a QLD lawyer the ?
Answered by John Melis in 2 mins 1 year ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

74458 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

74458 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hello, I’m John Melis, a solicitor in Australia, and I’ll be helping you with your question today.

You can sue for compensation.

The State Tribunal is perfect for mediating disputes.

The document you file in the tribunal is the points of claim. You can download this from the tribunal website.

Draft the complaint in numbered order detailing the issue. I suggest that you also say what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

You can run your case yourself.

There are help menus on the tribunal website that you can use to assist you with the application and process.

When you lodge your application, you will receive an email from the tribunal with the next steps to follow.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.

Does this help with your question today?


John Melis, Expert

It was my pleasure to help you today, and I thank you for chatting with me.
Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer