I resigned from my employment in writing on the 17th may,I worked out 3 weeks of notice and left on the 4th June I was

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: I resigned from my employment in writing on the 17th may,I worked out 3 weeks of notice and left on the 4th June I was paid to the 7th June.
JA: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Victoria
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I wrote to my employer on the 17th june via email Hi Tony
As you are aware, I should have received payment for any accumulated annual leave an accrued pro rata long service leave in my final pay.
As yet I have not received this payment. Would you please address this now and transfer the funds into my account
Mike Keaney he never replied and i have still not received the 167 hrs of accrued leave
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no i just want to know how i should proceed from this point
Answered by John Melis in 5 mins 1 year ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

79040 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

John Melis
79040 Satisfied customers
10+ years of experience
John Melis
10+ years of experience

79040 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
116 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi! My name is***** a solicitor in Australia, and I’m happy to help you.

You may have a claim.

Where an underpayment of wages or entitlements occurs, you may raise a claim with Fair Work.

Fair Work will contact the employer and commence an investigation.

Where underpayment has occurred, Fair Work will issue an order to the employer to settle the payments due.

The employer will face penalties under the Act for failure to pay the proper wages.

You may raise proceedings in the Federal Circuit Court for compensation.

The Federal Circuit Court is the proper legal jurisdiction to hear disputes on underpayment of wages.

You may raise a claim for underpayment of super with the ATO on their website.

Breaches of the legislation for underpayment of wages attract penalties. There are fines of $63,000 for companies and $12,600 per individuals.

Where the company or individual acted deliberately, then penalties can be ten times the legislated amount.

Company directors or managers will be held accountable.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer