I have been given a terminate tenancy asi am 3weeks late. Nsw. I have been behind through covid and just before that asi

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: i have been given a terminate tenancy asi am 3weeks late
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: nsw
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have been behind through covid and just before that asi got sick but the in jan 20201lost my job I advised the agent and he was not happy and saidI will e starting a new job 2weeks ago I am only 2 weeks behind that iwill pay on thursday but i got this in the mail box today
Answered by John Melis in 2 mins 1 year ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

75850 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

75850 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi! My name is***** a solicitor in Australia, and I’m happy to help you.

Where do you want to challenge the eviction, you can do this in the New South Wales Civil Administrative Tribunal.

That will give you time to try and resolve this matter amicably between the tenant and the landlord.

​The New South Wales Civil Administrative Tribunal “NCAT” is perfect for meditating disputes. It brings the parties together to discuss the issues.

I invite you to start with Fair Trading first. In most cases, at mediation, the matter will settle.

If you need to go to the tribunal, the document you file in the tribunal is the points of claim.

Draft the complaint in numbered points. Detail the issue and what action you have taken to resolve the matter.

The following link will assist you. http://www.ncat.nsw.gov.au

There are help menus on the website that will assist you with the application.

After lodging your application, you will receive an email from the tribunal. That email will explain the next steps.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.

do i have to leave on the 24/4/21
i dont habve that kind of money or i would havepaid my rent
i now have 20 dollars to my name
untill payday thursday

John Melis, Expert

If you file your application to the tribunal today, and serve it on the landlord, that will give you time up your sleeve with respect and not having to leave on 24 April 2021.

It was my pleasure to help you today, and I thank you for chatting with me. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer