I got a DUI 0.06 2 weeks ago for the first time in 35 years driving in vic. will lose licence for 3 mths. i had done

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: hello. i got a DUI 0.06 2 weeks ago for the first time in 35 years driving in vic. will lose licence for 3 mths. i had done before but in tasmania in 1997. whilst i accept the charge is it possible to convert the 3 mths into 1 year good behaviour bond?
JA: Was the DUI charged as a felony or misdemeanor? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: no court dates on the spot fine. what a felony or misdemeanor?
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Have you talked to a Tasmania lawyer about the DUI?
Customer: no i am victorian. all i was saying is that i got caught in vic after 35 years of driving. tas was an old one. just saying
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: thats it
Answered by John Melis in 13 mins 1 year ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

74684 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

74684 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi! You’re speaking with John Melis, a solicitor in Australia.

Based on your information that you provided and as this was your first time offence and 35 years, you could apply for the diversion program.

​You may apply for a diversion program to the court directly.

The magistrate or judicial officer will adjourn the case while a defendant participates in the diversion program.

This program targets offenders who have pleaded guilty or been found guilty of traffic offences in the local court.

The Traffic Offender Intervention Program is a community-based road safety education program. It provides offenders with the information and skills necessary to develop positive attitudes towards driving, become safer drivers, and maintain their licence.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.

I have cancelled my request.

John Melis, Expert

Thank you for letting me know. I wish you a pleasant Friday morning.
Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer