I purchased an Infinity computer from Harvey Norman in November 2020 retail value $3000.00. I am in NSW. In February2021

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: Hi, My name is***** purchased an Infinity computer from Harvey Norman in November 2020 retail value $3000.00
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in NSW.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: In February2021 I returned the computer to Harvey Norman as the ADATA SSD failed. Harvey Norman replaced the failed SSD with the another ADATA SSD. Within a week that ADATA SSD failed also. I requested a different brand of SSD, but another ADATA SSD was put into the computer, I refused to take the computer home until a Samsung Evo SSD, which is more commonly installed these days, be installed. One month later, I have the computer home finally and now it is freezing up, and not opening software, or just hanging doing nothing. I have to reboot the PC a couple of times before it will even start. I was told by Coffs Harbour Harvey Norman that they are no longer dealing with the Infinity business as they have been nothing but trouble. I need this computer to work online. I would like to know where I stand in requesting a different computer. I purchased this one on my GO master card.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have only had the PC home for 2 days
Answered by John Melis in 1 hour 1 year ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

75948 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

75948 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi, I’m John Melis, solicitor, and I am in Australia.

I can hear your concern and your voice, and if you follow the steps I’ve suggested, it will give you a direction moving forward.

​There are three steps you may take.

1. issue a formal complaint in writing to the other party, and if they refuse to respond, then follow step two;

2. Where the company has declined to assist you, the next step is to write a formal complaint to the ombudsman, but this can be a lengthy process. If you are not able to wait out the time, you can follow step 3.

3. You will have a claim under the Australian Consumer Law based on the facts that you have described, and you will be able to claim compensation.

The other party has several options to provide, including repairing, replacing, refunding, and compensating you.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.

Thank you for your advice. Repair and replace has already taken place, the computer is still unreliable. I will follow your advice and if the response is unsatisfactory I'll make a claim. So far Harvey Norman has been good to deal with, but I wanted to know where I stand for the next step. I will be in touch if I need further assistance.
Kind regards

John Melis, Expert

Linda, thank you for your follow-up.It was my pleasure to help you today, and I thank you for chatting with me. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer