Might have run afould of harrasment law by asking sex for rent from tenant. Nothing so far the tenant is trying to

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: hi pearl might have run afould of sexual harrasment law by asking sex for rent from tenant
JA: What steps has the tenant taken so far? Have they prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: nothing so far the tenant is trying to contact the owner. i am head tenant btw
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: melbourne
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really cost
Answered by John Melis in 7 mins 1 year ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

75934 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

75934 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hello, I’m John Melis, a solicitor in Australia, and I’ll be helping you with your question today.

Concerning the sexual harassment, you will be able to make a formal police complaint. Additionally you could also seek compensation through the Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal.

​The Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal “VCAT” is perfect for meditating disputes.

The tribunal helps parties resolve the issues in question.

The mediation will resolve the matter in most cases.

You may apply to commence the tribunal process using the application form.

You access the application form under the forms tab of the tribunal website.

Draft the complaint in numbered points. Detail the issue and what action you have taken to rectify the matter.

The following link will assist you further:


The tribunal has help menus. The help menus will assist you in filling out the application.

The tribunal will send you an email after applying. That email will explain the next steps.

I invite you to consider the steps in that email.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Hi John,
It is me (the head tenant) that might have committed sexual harrassment by sending repeat text message to my tenant who was behind on the rent to offer her company in return for free rent (i once also offered monthly allowance). At this point she is trying to contact landlord to ask why her 3k grant application failed to approve (the reason was landlord was not able to provide some documents, which is inexcusable). I am thinking if it is good idea offer to waive her 3k rent arrears as it was not her fault that she didnt get the 3k rent assist grant. But if i do make this offer, how do i make sure that she then absolves me of potential sexual harrasment allegation?

John Melis, Expert

Can you tell me what was the context of the text message, as an example. Maybe you can copy and paste one of the text message to in the chat box then I can see whether you are at serious risk.
in one the screenshot u can see vagina video, that a video she forwarded me, it is a joke video but in it you can see naked woman showing vagina and her breasts (totally bare). At the end of the video, the vagina screams like a cat, it is like pussy cat video kinda. it was meant as joke by her

John Melis, Expert

Thank you for the pictures. I do think there is an issue that could lead into potential criminal charges. However, I would strongly recommend that this matter is settled by deed of settlement as quick as possible.You’re handling this matter very well.If there is anything else, big or small, that I can help you with today, please let me know?

John Melis, Expert

I just left a message on your mobile phone.You’re handling this matter very well.
I know you put so much time and effort into this, and if you follow the steps as suggested above, it will give you a direction to go.If there is anything else, please let me know.
Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer