I was issued a 60I () when my father in law initiated meditation to see my children. What should I do next. Nsw is the

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: I was issued a 60I (b) when my father in law initiated meditation to see my children. What should I do next
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Nsw is the family home
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure what all is needed. My kids haven't seem their grandpa since July last year when he was removed from the home by the police Prior to that I had gone to the police station numerous times in regards ***** ***** safety of my children and myself when it cam
Answered by John Melis in 8 mins 1 year ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

74580 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

74580 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hello, I’m John Melis, a solicitor in Australia, and I’ll be helping you with your question today.

Once you have the certificate, section 60I, you may then commence proceedings in the family court.

​You may commence proceedings in the family court.

You can run the case yourself.

The family court has a do it yourself kit which you can then complete the initiating application.

Just follow the instructions on the application form.

To obtain a copy of the application, go to the family court website and select forms.

Once you complete the application, file the same with the court and the other party.

​You’re handling this matter very well.

If there is anything else, big or small, that I can help you with today, please let me know?

After receiving the 60I 8(b) I received this letter

John Melis, Expert

Thank you for uploading the letter.

I suggest that you have your lawy er commence negotiations immediately to avoid further court action.

You can resolve this issue without the court.

I know you put so much time and effort into this, and if you follow the steps as suggested above, it will give you a direction to go.

If there is anything else, please let me know.

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer