I need to speak to someone regarding workplace harassment and bullying. No i have a meeting with my manager and her boss

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: I need to speak to someone regarding workplace harassment and bullying
JA: Was this harassment issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No i have a meeting with my manager and her boss tomorrow and I am petrified to go in there. I am allowed a support person but she is unable to make it tomorrow. I told my manager this and she told me that the meeting would be going ahead anyway and it was more or less bad luck that I had to go on my own
JA: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: No im not in a union. What is an at will employee
JA: The Employment Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been working for this company for just under 16 years and it was discovered by one of my work mates that we haven't been getting paid the right wage. The other employee contacted hr about the matter as well as our supervisor contacting them. Then I brought it up to our new manager and she was going to follow it up but it seems to of been pushed aside and nobody has gotten back to us regarding this matter
Answered by John Melis in 2 hours 1 year ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

75812 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

75812 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hello, I’m John Melis, a solicitor in Australia, and I’ll be helping you with your question today.

The detail you provided shows there is workplace bullying.

Bullying may involve a wide range of behaviour; for example, it includes harassment, victimisation, discrimination, abusive, insulting, offensive language or comments, and spreading misinformation or malicious rumours.

In your case, you fit into the category of bullying conduct in the broader sense. That means you will be able to raise a claim for compensation and workplace protection.

I invite you to make an application to stop bullying under the Fair Work Act with the Fair Work Commission.

You may use the general protection provisions form on the Fair Work Commission website. You may apply today.

Fair work will contact you to discuss your matter.

Please let me know how you go with the fair work commission and you're bullying claim.

​I know you put so much time and effort into this, and if you follow the steps as suggested above, it will give you a direction to go.

If there is anything else, please let me know.

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer