I have a son who went to kalgoorlie western australia in may this year has been in kalgoorlie prison for about 2 months

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: I have a son who went to kalgoorlie western australia in may this year has been in kalgoorlie prison for about 2 months then they trasfered him to cassarina prison spent aweek there then transfered him to albany prison where he is still there today hes from south australia im wondering is it possible for him to be transferd back to south australia port augusta prison
JA: What are the exact charges? Is this a federal or state case?
Customer: Im not sure its for grevisly bodily harm its going to trial in January
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this sentencing issue?
Customer: Yes i have but his lawyer hasnt had any contact with him so far he said that hes too tied up with going to court and he hasnt got enough time to talk to him and its going to be in January by video link iv already spoken to his lawyer about bail in kalgoolie but by the sound of it it wont take place until January but my son is getting upset an wants to know if he can get bail before that i really dont know what to do and who can help hes only young and cannot understand any of this
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I myself am not sure if his lawyer knows what hes doing i know hes trying to help but no communication to my son to me its like hes been put in prison and left there
Answered by John Melis in 14 mins 2 years ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

79104 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

John Melis
79104 Satisfied customers
10+ years of experience
John Melis
10+ years of experience

79104 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
116 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi, I’m John Melis, solicitor, and I am in Australia. I want to thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. Your question means a lot to me. If I were in your position, I would feel just as you do. I’m so glad you contacted us about your situation. I will give you a direction to consider moving forward. I know you’ve spent a lot of time on this already. Your patience here has been so important. If I understand you correctly I suggest the following:

You can make an application to the court with respect to your son to try and get this matter resolved.

Legal Aid WA

Address: 32 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000

Phone: 1300 650 579


32 St Georges Terrace

Perth 6000 WA

Telephone 1300 650 579

Facsimile (08) 9261 6554

PO Box L916

Perth 6842 WA

Bunbury (Southwest)

7th Floor, Bunbury Tower


Bunbury 6230 WA

Telephone (08) 9721 2277

Facsimile (08) 9721 2060

PO Box 2242

Bunbury 6231 WA

Albany (Great Southern)

Suite 3, 43-47 Duke St

Albany 6330 WA

Telephone (08) 9892 9700

Facsimile (08) 9892 9777

PO Box 5510

Albany 6332 WA

Kalgoorlie (Goldfields)

Suite 3,*****/p>

Kalgoorlie 6430 WA

Telephone (08) 9025 1300

Facsimile (08) 9091 2077

PO Box 10404,

Kalgoorlie 6433 WA

Geraldton (Midwest and Gascoyne)

Unit 8,*****/p>

Geraldton 6530 WA

Telephone (08) 9921 0200

Facsimile (08) 9921 0255

PO Box 7141

Geraldton 6531 WA

South Hedland (Pilbara)

28-32 Throssell Rd

South Hedland 6722 WA

Telephone (08) 9172 3733

Facsimile (08) 9172 2061

PO Box 2254

South Hedland 6722 WA


Keep in mind legal aid is means tested and in the unfortunate situation you're not successful with legal aid there are numerous lawyers and law firms that do provide pro bono services to the community to assist the person in need. To find these of law officers all lawyers you'll need to contact various law firms directly and find out if they have a pro bono program which you can apply for

Pro bono means that the client is not charged for the legal services.

I know it isn't easy to deal with issues like this, but you're handling it so well.

I can hear your concern and your voice, and if you follow the steps I've suggested above, it will give you a direction to go.

I know you have a lot of choices, and there are various ways to move forward.

If there is anything else, big or small, that I can help you with today, please let me know?

I am so glad you contacted us, and I thank you for reaching out today.

Don't forget to accept the answer and click five stars in support of the community.

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer