My partner has recently been released from prison on bail and home d and some new bail conditions have been added.

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: My partner has recently been released from prison on bail and home d and some new bail conditions have been added. There's a list of people who he isnt allowed to contact and I'm one of them but im not a victim of his. I made a statement about him in the beginning but it wasn't a report against him, I was just passing on some information to the police as I was concerned. How can I get my name off of the bail agreements so that I can legally contact him without being arrested myself?
JA: What are the exact charges? Is this a federal or state case?
Customer: State case
JA: Where are you located? Bail bond laws vary by state.
Customer: South Australia
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Answered by John Melis in 16 mins 1 year ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

73084 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

John Melis
73084 Satisfied customers
10+ years of experience
John Melis
10+ years of experience

73084 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
116 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi, I’m John Melis, solicitor, and I am in Australia. I want to thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. Your question means a lot to me. If I were in your position, I would feel just as you do. If I understand you correctly I suggest the following:
You can negotiate that point with the bail conditions

​I thank you kindly for reaching out today.

I appreciate your assistance with a rating of five stars, as this helps me support the community.

If there is anything else, big or small, that I can help you with today, please let me know?


How do I negotiate that point with the bail conditions? Who do I speak to? Is there any reason that they wouldn't take me off or do I have a legal right to take my name off if I wish?



John Melis, Expert

What I suggest you do is go to your nearest local lawyer and they will be able to assist you.Legal aid SA 

Adelaide Office159 Gawler Place, Adelaide
SA 5000

Switchboard: (08) 8111 5555
Postal Address:
GPO Box 1718,
Adelaide SA 5001 DX 104
Parking available nearby at:
Secure Parking (172 Gawler Place)
Public transport:
City Free (99C)
Elizabeth OfficeSuite 2 Windsor Building
1 Windsor Square  (off Playford Boulevard)
Elizabeth Shopping Centre, SA 5112 DX 50102
Telephone (08) 8111 5400
Noarlunga OfficeGround Floor, Noarlunga House
Ramsay Place, Noarlunga Centre
Noarlunga SA 5168 DX 51404

Telephone (08) 8111 5340
Port Adelaide OfficeANL House, 306 St Vincent Street,
Port Adelaide SA 5015 DX 50607

Telephone (08) 8111 5460
Port Augusta Office34 Flinders Terrace
Port Augusta SA 5700 DX51005

Telephone (08) 8686 2200
Whyalla OfficeTenancy 7,*****Whyalla Norrie SA 5608 DX 60021

Telephone (08) 8620 8500
Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer