I have been to a police station for a matter of stalking, but have not been charged yet. I have given a 'no comments'

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: I have been to a police station for a matter of stalking, but have not been charged yet. I have given a 'no comments' interview
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the stalking charges?
Customer: Yes 22/12/2020
JA: In what state did the stalking occur?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That my intentions were never wrong
Answered by John Melis in 22 mins 2 years ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

74698 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

74698 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi, I’m John Melis, solicitor, and I am in Australia. I want to thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. Your question means a lot to me. If I were in your position, I would feel just as you do. If I understand you correctly I suggest the following:

There are various defences that you can raise to assist in minimising the penalty that will apply.

Some of these defences include sudden emergency, duress, compulsion, coercion, provocation.

One of the main supporting factors in running your case is to obtain affidavits in support of your position. These affidavits are character references to your person. The affidavit should detail the person who signs it, knows of the offence, and that you still hold a positive character. You should obtain a minimum of three character references in support.

Also usually when an event happens, there is always a reason for it to occur, and especially when you are on the defensive side, you can reduce the penalty level by providing some information as to what is happening in your life. One of the appropriate ways to achieve this is through a psychologist report which is court ready. To obtain this report, what you will need to do, is have at least a minimum of 3 visits with a psychologist who can then prepare the statement in support of your current state of mind and what such incident did occur.

Stresses in people’s lives can have an enormous impact on what happens to a person.

A well-rounded defence will cover various aspects of the incident and why that incident occurs.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this situation.

​I thank you kindly for reaching out today.

I appreciate your assistance with a rating of five stars, as this helps me support the community.

If there is anything else, big or small, that I can help you with today, please let me know?

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer