Was. Was $573.30 too expensove cor the installation of 2 smoke alarm batteries? I and waiting for an itemised account to

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: Was
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Was $573.30 too expensove cor the installation of 2 smoke alarm batteries?
JA: Have you contacted the seller or manufacturer?
Customer: Yes. I and waiting for an itemised account to be sent instead but I have paid it
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was quoted $400 for the installation of a new metre isolator for solar panels but the electrician in a told me he would check the smoke alarms and then that they needed new batteries. I was then charged $1,070 30 for installation of the new metre and the replacement of 2 smoke alarm batteries
Answered by John Melis in 4 hours 2 years ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

74570 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

74570 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi, my name is***** the solicitor. I want to make sure I understand what you're telling me. Therefore, I will provide you with various options to consider. I can see that this is a stressful situation for you. Hopefully, we will find the right solution for you to consider. I support your position here.

​You can seek a resolution and claim compensation.

Issue a formal complaint in writing. Request a review on the matter.

Include a time limit of 7 to 14 days subject to your requirements for a reply.

Make sure you enclose all evidence with the correspondence.

When you draft this correspondence, use a number for each point.

Where no response is received and you have reviewed the conditions carefully on any agreement, and you are still not satisfied with the situation, you can then raise a claim in the Tribunal or Court.

I suggest you file a claim as soon as possible if the matter does not resolve.

​The State Tribunal is perfect for meditating disputes. It forces the parties to come together to discuss the issues involved.

In most cases at mediation, the matter will settle.

You will be the Applicant. The other party is the Respondent.

The document you file in the tribunal is the points of claim. This correspondence needs careful preparation. I recommend you download the application first and complete the same. Then upload as required to commence the lawsuit.

Draft the complaint in a chronological order detailing the issue. I suggest that you also say what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The alternative is to apply to the local court. You recover your legal fees when you run your case through the court system.

You can run your case or consider the option of using a lawyer to help.

On the tribunal (and court) website, there are help menus that you can use to assist you with the application and process.

I suggest that you make sure you have all your evidence for the case ready before your file the application.

Once you lodge your application, you will receive notice from the tribunal (or court) with the next steps to follow.

​I thank you kindly for reaching out today.

I appreciate your assistance with a rating of five stars, as this helps me support the community.

If there is anything else, big or small, that I can help you with today, please let me know?

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer