My son was put into hakea on remand because he was physically unable to provide a urine sample. At Midland court he was

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: Good afternoon, my son was put into hakea on remand because he was physically unable to provide a urine sample. At Midland court he was told by the magistrate that he would be better off in prison because his medication would be regular. He is 37 years old and was diagnosed with bipolar at 16. The doctor today after just two weeks has decided to stop his anti physcotic medication because he appears to be doing well. He is in trouble because he stopped his medication now they are stopping it. I do mot know who to ask for help, it is a recipe for disaster Irene
JA: What state/territory are they in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Western Australia, Hakea remand centre
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: he was initially on home detention with conditions that he see a psychiatrist, get counselling and attend community corrections. All of which he complied with fully . There was never a time when he didn’t take his medication during that period because I gave it to him. The medication causes urinary retention hence not being able to urinate. I know he went to corrections because I took him, at no time did he refuse,
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is a very complex situation, his lawyer is from legal aid and very difficult to get hold of.
Answered by John Melis in 7 mins 2 years ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

75850 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

75850 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi, I’m John, solicitor, and reviewing your post, and may need to ask a few questions a long the way to assist you.

You have provided some excellent information, is there any more detail that you can assist with?

I did not realise that you are an American site so will not be following up with my query . Can you please cancel my trial membership so I am not charged monthly

John Melis, Expert

I am in Australia

we can chat in this box as long as you need.

Concerning your important matter, what do you need to do is reach out to legalau it first thing tomorrow morning, you can go online to the website and make the necessary booking accordingly, with those details are below.

It is a difficult situation that you are dealing with at this present time, and the best way forward to help your son is with the assistance of a lawyer and legal aid will be able to act for your son in this particular matter

Legal Aid WA

Address <*****************297&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjH9MOX1ZXlAhU6ILcAHZz7A1cQ6BMwG3oECAwQAw>: 32 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000

Phone <*****************297&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjH9MOX1ZXlAhU6ILcAHZz7A1cQ6BMwHXoECAwQDg>: 1300 650 579


32 St Georges Terrace

Perth 6000 WA

Telephone 1300 650 579

Facsimile (08) 9261 6554

PO Box L916

Perth 6842 WA

Bunbury (Southwest)

7th Floor, Bunbury Tower


Bunbury 6230 WA

Telephone (08) 9721 2277

Facsimile (08) 9721 2060

PO Box 2242

Bunbury 6231 WA

Albany (Great Southern)

Suite 3, 43-47 Duke St

Albany 6330 WA

Telephone (08) 9892 9700

Facsimile (08) 9892 9777

PO Box 5510

Albany 6332 WA

Kalgoorlie (Goldfields)

Suite 3,*****/p>

Kalgoorlie 6430 WA

Telephone (08) 9025 1300

Facsimile (08) 9091 2077

PO Box 10404,

Kalgoorlie 6433 WA

Geraldton (Midwest and Gascoyne)

Unit 8,*****/p>

Geraldton 6530 WA

Telephone (08) 9921 0200

Facsimile (08) 9921 0255

PO Box 7141

Geraldton 6531 WA

South Hedland (Pilbara)

28-32 Throssell Rd

South Hedland 6722 WA

Telephone (08) 9172 3733

Facsimile (08) 9172 2061

PO Box 2254

South Hedland 6722 WA

Thank you for reaching out today.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

I am a user like you in this chat forum to assist in your important question today.

Thank you kindly for rating me with 5 stars, which helps me support the community.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions without additional charge.

I hope I have assisted with answering your important question today, and thank you for supporting the community.

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer