Can I have a lady to keep away from my boyfriend that keeps causing trouble for us. I am in Queensland. None. The only

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: Can I have a lady to keep away from my boyfriend that keeps causing trouble for us
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Queensland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only thing is that keeps causing trouble for my boyfriend and me
Answered by John Melis in 7 mins 3 years ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

79040 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

John Melis
79040 Satisfied customers
10+ years of experience
John Melis
10+ years of experience

79040 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
116 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi, I’m John, solicitor, and reviewing your post, and may need to ask a few questions a long the way to assist you.

In your present situation you can apply for a restraining order, also known as a family violence protection order where family members are involved, and when non-family members involve it is called a personal safety order.

Restraining orders can be used for various matters, such violence, psychological abuse, financial abuse, verbal abuse, or where there is an imminent fear of violence, or where children hear or witness the same.

The intervention order may:

a. Prohibit a person committing violence against another person.

b. Exclude a person from the victims residence.

c. Restrict a persons access to any premises or specified are, such as workplace.

d. Prohibit a person from contact another person associated with the victim.

e. Require a person to do something, like attend counselling.

f. Direct person to use specific property.

The intervention can be broad out narrow in its requirements.

All you need to do is to demonstrate how the abuse/violence is occurring. An example of violence includes, financial abuse, which is where one partner does not provide sufficient monies for living costs, or creating undue duress on the other party. In this example this is both financial and psychological abuse.

Restraining orders can also be issued for non-family matters, such as stalking, intimidation or harassing conduct, m which is now called a personal safety order. The facts of the claim needs to support the same.

The law will protect you where you are being harassed, intimidated against, or there is financial abuse or psychological, verbal or other forms of violence with a restraining order.

If you consider you need a restraining order, you an attend your local police station to provide a statement and they will determine based on the facts if an interim order will be issued.

If you cannot attend your local police station call 000 and the support operator will assist by arranging the police to come to you as soon as possible.

The police subject to the circumstance, will then issue a interim order for the protection of your safety.

If you do not want contact the police, you may make an application at the local court for an intervention order, and the court will then decide on the balance of probabilities if the interim order is necessary.

An interim order is a temporary personal safety intervention order made by the Court to protect a person from assault, sexual assault, serious threats, property damage or interference, harassment or stalking until the court can decide whether to make a final personal safety intervention order. An interim order prevents the other party from behaving in certain ways, or requires the respondent to do certain things, stated on the order.

An interim order is a civil order, and making an interim order does not necessarily mean that an offence has been committed. However contravention of an interim order is an offence punishable by 2 years imprisonment or a fine of 240 penalty units or both.

You cannot permit the other person to contravene an order of the court. This means that, even if the protected person, you, allows a respondent to disobey the interim order, the respondent would still commit an offence if the contact you.

You have a legal right to protect your safety/interests in this situation.

Would you like to consider this option.

​Thank you for reaching out today.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

I am a user like you in this chat forum to assist in your important question today.

Thank you kindly for rating me with 5 stars, which helps me support the community.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions without additional charge.

I hope I have assisted with answering your important question today, and thank you for supporting the community.

I do have rights to keep this lady away from me and my boyfriend

John Melis, Expert


Hope to he
Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer