I am a cancer patient and my husband needs a land line for emergencies he does not use a mobile phone, we are in our

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: I am a cancer patient and my husband needs a land line for emergencies he does not use a mobile phone, we are in our 60s. I have 3 lines 1 at a different address with a different problem. I have been to Telstra at Chatswood chase 3 times and they tell me they can not resolve the problems and I must contact you to do so. At home I have one line reserved for TPG for internet and Foxtel -(###) ###-#### no problem connected to the nbn. The trouble started when we tried to connect the landline -(###) ###-####- to nbn. The technician arrived from nbn insisting on connecting the TPG line to the nbn. This ruined the TPG connection was fine so TPG came removed the black box and installed a replacement box and reconnected the service. Telstra could no longer connect the landline because we had had 2 boxes. Our line has since been disconnected by nbn. We are still paying. We have a remote connection for camera surveillance on(###) ###-####NBN 1-2334817525378, again disconnected by Nb
JA: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NSW - paying for these services while disconnected
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Gone Telstra 3 times at Chatswood Chase they told me to contact the ombudsman as their system would not allow them to help and there is no call centre operating for the remote connection.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The remote call out by the nbn was given my wrong phone no. So did not contact me when they came out to service the block of flats, we are owners our modem is in the foyer for the cameras.
Answered by John Melis in 7 mins 2 years ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

75850 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

75850 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi, I’m John, solicitor, and reviewing your post, and may need to ask a few questions a long the way to assist you.

Has the other party been forthcoming with communication with you in trying to address the issue or even considered the option of mediation

No I have not contacted them I was hoping to get informed how to tackle the situation. I didn't realise you were in AAmerica this May have been a mistake to contact you.

John Melis, Expert

I am in Melbourne Australia

Ok so my next move is to lodge a complaint with the nsw telecommunications ombudsman. Perhaps I should do that then reconnect with you if it doesn't work out.

John Melis, Expert

I suggest that you raise the a claim in the Tribunal first.

​The New South Wales Civil Administrative Tribunal “NCAT” process is very good to meditate disputes of this type as it forces the parties to come together to discuss the issues involved.

However, before raising a claiming in NCAT, you should file for mediation at Fair Trading, and if the matter does not settle at Fair Trading, then obtain a certificate that mediation failed, and commence an action at NCAT.

In most cases at mediation the matter will settle.

The matter is Civil.

You will be the applicant and the insurer the respondent.

The important filing document is the points of claim. This document needs to be carefully drafted. 

I recommend that you download the application first, complete the same and then upload as required to commence the claim.

The alternative to this is filing an application in the local court, in which case you will be able to recover your legal fees as well in pursuit of the debt amount.

What you need to do is to write the complaint in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The chronological order need to be numbered with points 1, 2, 3, etc. with each point being a separate item. 

I recommend that you download the application first, complete the same and then upload as required to commence the claim.

The following link will assist you further. 


This link above will assist you in the requirements to complete the application form and there are various help menus on the website that will also assist you in finalising the application that can be submitted in respect of pursuit of your claim.

Before you submit your application, make sure that you have all your evidence in hand as this will be required at the hearing date and to be served on the other party.

Keep in mind that once you have lodged your application you need to serve the application on the other party once instructed by the tribunal.

​Thank you for reaching out today.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

I am a user like you in this chat forum to assist in your important question today.

Thank you kindly for rating me with 5 stars, which helps me support the community.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions without additional charge.

I hope I have assisted with answering your important question today, and thank you for supporting the community.

Thank you

John Melis, Expert

You are welcome, and thank you for supporting the community.

Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer