Our, we are in south australia but our son commited a crime in victoria, we realize he had to do the time. we know that.

Expert's Assistant chat
Customer: Our
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: we are in south australia but our son commited a crime in victoria
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we realize he had to do the time. we know that. we are wondering because we helped him out to an extent financially financially Legal Aide Put a Caviet on our home in South Australia. So are we Liable for ours sons debt to Legal Aide Victoria
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We wanted to refinance our home loan to cheaper interest Rate but bank wouldn't let us because of Caviet. His Dad is an Senior Disabled Pensioner and l am not working due to Disability. Our Sons case was heard at the Supreme Court.. thank you very much my name is Lyn
Answered by John Melis in 4 hours 2 years ago
John Melis
10+ years of experience

74458 Satisfied customers

Expert in: Family Law, Legal, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Business Law, Consumer Protection Law, Bankruptcy Law, Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law.

logoimgimgVerified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
Chat with a Lawyer in minutes, 24/7

Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience

Save time and money. Get specialized help.

John Melis
10+ years of experience

74458 Satisfied customers




31,131 Satisfied customers

Pearl avatar
Lawyer's, Assistant
14 Lawyers are online right now.

John Melis, Expert

Hi, I’m John, solicitor, and reviewing your post, and may need to ask a few questions a long the way to assist you.

Concerning your important matter, you will be able to have this caveat removed but this will require you to engage a local lawyer as the first option, and they will contact the titles office, to have notice issued to the party that lodged the caveat against your property to have it removed and where they do not remove it you will seek an order from the court being a cost order against him for any costs or loss is that you incurred as a result of that caveat being on the title.

The second option is you can contact the titles office directly, and ask the titles office to provide you the necessary forms to seek removal of the caveat that has been lodged against your property wrongly

Your next step is to decide upon whether you will contact the titles office directly or that you will engage a lawyer to assist you in administering that process.

Thank you for reaching out today.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

I am a user like you in this chat forum to assist in your important question today.

Thank you kindly for rating me with 5 stars, which helps me support the community.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions without additional charge.

I hope I have assisted with answering your important question today, and thank you for supporting the community.

We have had no contact with Legal aide for nearly 7 years our son was sentenced to 9 yrs. Wondering who is actually Liable for Legal Aide debt us or our son

John Melis, Expert

I kindly request that you please scroll up. I have posted a reply for you that explains your options, if you cannot see the response, I request that you refresh your screen, and where it does not show please let me know and I will repost it for you. I am here to assist you when you need.

Based on the information you have provided you will be able to have the caveat removed

Thank you John l have finally managed to find the information you sent. It just would not open or download till 2day. We thank you so much for your help. Thank you so much for helping us.
Would recommend you to friends.
Lyn and Dave

John Melis, Expert

You are welcome, and thank you for supporting the community.

We rate your service as Excellent. Thank you once again
Ask a lawyer and get your legal questions answered.
See all Legal Questions
Related Legal Questions
How it works
logoAsk for help, 24/7
Ask for help, 24/7
Members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ verified Experts, including doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, more.
logoExpert will respond in minutes
Expert will respond in minutes
After you reach out, we match you with an Expert who specializes in your situation. Talk, text, chat, whichever you prefer.
logoSave time & money
Save time & money
No scheduling hassles, missing time from work, or expensive consults.
A JustAnswer membership can save you significant time and money each month.
logo 593 Verified lawyers, 10+ years of experience
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on Askalawyeroncall.com are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. Askalawyeroncall.com is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response as proposing specific action or addressing your specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances should be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on any information received from an Expert, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from independent, freelance Experts, who are not employed by Askalawyeroncall.com . The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credentials of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.
Explore law categories
Powered by JustAnswer